If you’re in need of a 2005 Prius Key Fob Replacement, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. The first is the cost, as these can be quite expensive. You’ll also want to make sure that you get one from a reputable source, as there are many fakes out there.
Finally, you’ll need to decide if you want a new or used key fob. There are pros and cons to both, so it’s important to weigh your options before making a decision.
If you’re like most people, your key fob is an essential part of your daily life. It’s what lets you into your car and starts it up with the push of a button. So, when it stops working, it can be a real pain.
If you have a 2005 Prius, you may be wondering how to replace the key fob. Luckily, it’s not too difficult. Here are the steps:
1. Purchase a new key fob. You can find these online or at most auto parts stores. 2. Use a small screwdriver to remove the battery cover from the back of the old key fob.
3. Remove the old batteries and insert new ones in their place. Make sure they are inserted correctly by referring to the diagram on the back of the cover. 4. Put the cover back on and screw it in place tightly with the screwdriver.
5r> 5.. With your new key fob, press any button to wake it up..
Hold down the “Lock” button for two seconds until you hear a confirmation sound.. Do this step quickly after insertingthe batteries or elsethe transmitter inside may become damaged
How To Swap Original 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Toyota Prius Key FOB With Aftermarket Remote!
2005 Prius Key Fob Not Working
If your 2005 Prius key fob isn’t working, there are a few things you can try to get it up and running again. First, check the battery to see if it needs to be replaced. If the battery is fine, then take a look at the connection between the key fob and the car.
Make sure that it’s secure and there is no corrosion. If everything looks good there, then you may need to reprogram the key fob. You can do this by following these steps:
1) Sit in the driver’s seat and close all doors 2) Insert key into ignition and turn to ON position (vehicle should not be started) 3) Press LOCK button on first remote for one second then release
4) Turn ignition OFF then back ON within five seconds 5) Repeat step 3 with UNLOCK button on first remote
How Much Does a New Prius Key Fob Cost?
If you lose your key fob, or it stops working, you can expect to pay around $200 for a new one from Toyota. If you have to get it replaced through a dealer, the cost will be even higher. There are aftermarket options available for as little as $50, but we don’t recommend them since they may not work properly and could void your warranty.
How Do I Program My 2005 Prius Key Fob?
Assuming you would like a step-by-step guide on how to program your 2005 Prius key fob:
1. Sit in the driver’s seat of your vehicle and shut all doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition cylinder and turn it to the “On” position but do not start the engine.
You will know it is in the On position because all lights on the dash board will illuminate, including the green “Ready” light. If any door is open, the green Ready light will not come on. All doors must be closed for this process to work correctly.
3. Press and release the power lock button on your door panel twice within five seconds to put your car in “programming mode.” The locks should cycle once to let you know that it has accepted this command and is now ready to program additional remote keys. If they do not cycle, start over from Step 1
4. Within 20 seconds of pressing the power lock button twice, press any button on your new remote control unit once. The locks should cycle again indicating that one remote has been successfully programmed 5a) To add an additional remote control unit, repeat Step 4 within 20 seconds of programmingthe first unit
5b) To exit programming mode without adding an additional unit: press and holdthe power lock button for more than three seconds after completing Step 4
Can You Program a Toyota Prius Key Fob Yourself?
If you have lost your Toyota Prius key fob, or it has stopped working, you may be able to program a new one yourself. This process will vary depending on the year of your vehicle. For models 2010 and newer, you will need two working key fobs.
If you only have one, you can get a temporary key from your Toyota dealer. For older models (2009 and below), only one working key fob is needed. To program a new key fob for a 2010+ Prius:
1) Insert the first working key into the ignition and turn it to ON/RUN/ACCESSORY. Do not start the engine. 2) Press and release the brake pedal six times within three seconds.
You should see an indicator light on the dash that says “Key Registration.” If this does not happen, try again from step 1. 3) Within 20 seconds of seeing “Key Registration,” insert the second working key into the ignition and turn it to ON/RUN/ACCESSORY without starting the engine.
The car should now chime and “Key Registration” should change to “Registration Complete.” If this does not happen, start over from step 1.
Your new key fob is now programmed!
How Much Does It Cost to Program a Toyota Key Fob?
If you’re looking to get a new Toyota key fob, you might be wondering how much it will cost. The answer depends on a few factors, including the model of your Toyota and the complexity of the programming. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $100 for a new key fob.
If you have a newer Toyota model, the cost of programming a new key fob may be higher. This is because newer models often have more complex security features that require special equipment and training to program. Additionally, if you need to have your key fob programmed by a dealer or locksmith, there may be an additional charge for labor.
Overall, the cost of programming a new Toyota key fob can vary depending on your specific vehicle and the complexity of the programming involved. However, in general, you should expect to pay between $50 and $100 for a new key fob.
If your 2005 Prius key fob is not working, you may need to replace the battery. This can be done easily at home with a few tools. You will need a small Phillips head screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver, and a new CR2032 battery.
First, use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws on the back of the key fob. Then, use the flat head screwdriver to pry open the back of the key fob. Be careful not to damage the plastic casing.
Inside, you will see a small metal plate with two contact points. These are what connect to the battery. Carefully remove the old battery and insert the new one, making sure that the contact points line up correctly.
Close up the key fob and reattach the screws.